PILE MACHINERY BAUER DRILLING RIGS
- rigid inclusions
- displacement piles
- screw piles
GEOTECHNICAL TESTING EQUIPMENT
What is a Sondex test?
A tube closed at the base with a cone with a cross-section area of 10 cm² and an angle of 60°, is vertically driven into the soil at a constant speed of 2 cm/sec. The force required for such (head and friction) penetration is recorded and displayed as a chart.
There are different tests depending on the type of the cone:
- mechanical cone with or without friction reduction (CPT)
- electric cone (CPTE)
- electric cone with pore water pressure measurement (CPTU)
Using these measurements, we can determine geotechnical indications and the type of soil. Eventually, these measures are used to determine the type of foundation, and to assess the load-bearing capacity and the movement of the foundation.
Just days after performance of this test, a full report is submitted containing:
- a description of the test
- test benchmarking
- measurement of the hydrostatic level for each test
- a description of the geological layers
- charts and tables with geotechnical data
- a recommendation of foundation soil, calculation of the movement for continuous foundations, isolated foundations or general foundation plate
This report shall be submitted both on paper, and by electronic means. Sondex assumes full responsibility for the recommendations made, and be available for additional questions and clarifications.